Although the exact causes of acne are not clear. It is the visible result of a disturbance between hormones, bacteria and inflammation taking place in the oil glands(sebaceous) found in the hair follicle.
As this imbalance advances, the gland becomes overactive and creates a greater amount of oil. The inside of the follicle wall becomes saturated and more sticky. Which builds up and becomes blocked creating comedones (blackheads and whiteheads).
The acne bacteria feeds, grows and multiplies in the oil from the blocked pores. The bacteria then releases chemicals which alerts white cells in the blood. In the bodies attempt to eliminate these chemicals, inflammation is causes. Resulting in papules and pustules (pimples and zits).
The inflamed pores (hair follicle) and the oil gland causes the skin around it to also become inflamed creating nodules (lumps and cysts). The inflammation also harms collagen cells. The cell then becomes imbalanced. If it produces less collagen this create what is called thinning of the skin or depressed scaring. If it produces more collagen, this will thicken the scar.
Exterior factor that aggravate your acne do so in the same way. It is a combined effect of the acne bacteria, hormones(male – testosterone and dihydrotestosterone) and a overactive oil gland blocking pores and creating inflammation. When the pores are blocked at the surface it encourages more oil production creating bacteria and inflammation which lead to pimples or zits.
Hair spray, oil based cosmetics, oils and greases can contribute to blocking the hair follicle at the surface. Sports equipment such as helmets, pads and hats. damp, humide or sweaty clothes that are in contact with your skin for an extended amount of time can also block pores.
Androgenic hormonal medication found in steroids and progestin, found in birth control pills, can increase oil production in the glands which aggravates acne.
Bad eating habits and poor hygiene will not cause acne. This is the most common of acne myths. However, over-washing can cause irritation and worsen your inflammation. Washing twice daily with a salicylic acid(2%) face wash will clear your pores without dehydrating your skin.
Pimples or acne are tiny skin lesions or inflammations of the skin. They are commonly caused by clogged or infected pores. They may appear as deeper lumps (cysts or nodules) on the face, neck, chest, back and sometimes shoulders.
Severe acne can affect many facets of a person’s life, causing a great deal of embarrassment and stress. Some severe forms of acne like acne cysts may rupture and cause scars that can result in psychological effects on the sufferer. Having skin full of pimples and zits may significantly limit one’s social life. Although acne is not considered to be a life threatening disorder, the psychological impact of acne can be quite profound as it affects the most visible parts of your body.
If your acne condition is severe it can cause disfiguring and require years of treatment. In such cases seeking the help of a qualified dermatologist will be your best option.
Causes of acne
The cause of pimples is unknown. The process by which a pimple develops is highly intricate. While we do know that a pore collapses on itself and blocks sebum (oil) from escaping, we do not fully understand why this process takes place in one sebaceous gland versus another.
But the causes of adult acne and teen acne may include the following:
- Evolutionary biology
- Vitamin deficiency
Possible measures you can take to prevent pimples are:
- Relax regularly for a certain period of time. Your body restores and refreshes skin cells while you are relaxing. Teenagers are notorious for not getting rest but it is essential in helping to prevent pimples.
- Do not squeeze or pick at pimples because this has the risk of producing a more severe infection.
- After you exercise take a shower so that the sweat does not contribute to clogging your pores and producing another pimple outbreak.
- Wear clean white t-shirts to help keep pimple off your back. The white t-shirts tend to absorb the excess oils in your skin and will help to prevent pimple on your back at least.
- Before going to bed, clean off any makeup. Again, the key here is to keep your pores clear of oil and bacteria and help prevent pimple outbreaks. After washing, you can use a cleaning solution on your skin containing what is known as Salicylic Acid.
How You Can Combat Your Acne Today. When you are a teenager, dealing with acne is just a part of life. In spite of how embarrassing having a face full of zits can be, there is some comfort in knowing that everyone else in school is dealing with acne as well. Puberty is supposed to be the worst of our acne years; by adulthood we’re supposed to be mostly finished with it. This is one of the reasons that finding those rogue pimples or having those sporadic breakouts can be so embarrassing. Nothing makes us feel like kids again more than waking up to find that we’re sporting some new spots and bumps. What makes adult breakouts worse is how painful they can be. Here are some things you can do to fight acne (no matter how old you are).Keep your linens clean. For some people, keeping their blankets and sheets and pillowcases clean is not a priority. If you suffer from acne problems, you cannot be one of these people. Instead of slacking, wash and dry your bedding every two or three days. Dirt and other pore clogging debris can get into your face while you sleep and keeping your linens clean helps to prevent this. Don’t wear dirty pajamas or clothing. Something as seemingly benign as wearing last night’s pajamas could be just enough to clog some of the pores in your face and cause new pimples to form by morning. If you are a person whose acne is severe, you should search for a cleanser that contains benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. Skincare developers made these cleansers specifically to attack acne that normal cleansers don’t seem to affect that much. These cleansers are strong enough to damage faces who are not set up to accommodate them so, if your acne is not severe, you should choose something more gentle. If, however, you suffer from bad acne, these cleansers might just be the thing you need to start breaking down the pimples and cleaning out your pores.Natural acne remedies are another option if you suffer from breakouts. Have you ever tried using toothpaste on a zit before? Start by putting some toothpaste directly on to the zit after it has finished forming. In the morning you will find that your pimple has shrunk quite a lot (this method is bad if you have pets who might be tempted to taste the toothpaste because doing that could make them ill). You might also try using egg whites in your facial cleanser and as a zit reducer. Either make a face mask from the egg whites and leave it on over night or dab some egg white onto a pimple with a q-tip. Sometimes the best thing you can do to treat your acne is to go back to basics: keep your face clean and keep your hands away from breakouts. There will be times when you want something a little stronger to combat a breakout. The good news is that, whether you are in your teens, twenties or sixties–there are plenty of ways to help you keep the acne at bay!
Acne Types And Characteristics
When you think of acne, pimples and zits are what often come to mind. Acne starts when trapped oil and dead cells block your pore ducts and mix with bacteria. But the fact is, acne can come in many different forms even though they all start the same way. Here’s a look at the different types of acne.
NON INFLAMMATORY ACNE
- Closed comedo – they form when the pore is completely blocked with sebum, bacteria and dead skin cells. The blocked follicle usually stays beneath the skin surface and will usually appear on the surface of the skin as small whitish bumps. This is commonly known as white heads because it can be inflamed with a white center.
- Open comedo – these form when a partially blocked pore pushes through the skin’s surface. They’re known as black heads because of the dark color. This isn’t due to dirt but is a result of melanin (skin pigment) reacting with oxygen.
- Papule – this is the mildest form of inflammatory acne. A papule will appear on the skin as a small, firm pink bump. Papules don’t have a head and don’t contain any pus. They are considered an intermediary step between non inflammatory and inflammatory acne.
- Postule – postules are small round bumps that are similar to white heads but the difference is that they are clearly inflamed and contain pus. They appear red at the bas and can have a whitish or yellowish center. Postules don’t contain much bacteria. The inflammation is caused by chemical irritation from sebum components like fatty free acids.
- Nodule – nodules are much larger, deeply seated acne spots which can be quite painful. They lie under the skin’s surface and can sometimes last for months. If you develop nodules, it’s best to seek medical attention.
- Cysts – cysts can look similar to nodules, but the main difference is that they’re filled with pus and are 5mm in diameter or bigger. These are formed when a comedo spills it’s contents over the surrounding skin and the immune system responds by producing pus. Also seek medical attention for this type of acne.
- RARE AND SEVERE TYPES OF ACNEThere are many other types of acnethat most people won’t have to experience. This is a good thing because the symptoms can be quite extreme. These are acne conglobata, acne fulminans, pyoderma faciale and gram-negative folliculitus. Since these are uncommon forms of acne, rather than discuss them here, you should not hesitate to seek medical advice if you are suffering from these extreme conditions.Knowing about the different acne types and characteristics can greatly benefit you in your search for an acne cure. It’s important to understand what these types of acne mean. That way, you will have better chances of finding successful treatment methods.
INSTANT ACNE REMEDY
MAKE ACNE HEAL
Pimples, blemishes, spots, and zits are the most common acne injuries. Many teenagers get Common Acne. Affecting more than 85 of teenagers, and frequently continues into adulthood, acne is most common during adolescence.
For the treatment of asthma and other chronic lung diseases, there are the corticosteroids. Both corticosteroids and cortisol can stimulate sebum production and lead to blemisheseven acne as well. It prevents organ rejection. Nevertheless, she also noted that oily nor diabetic-causing foods do not create acne. But beware; they cause acne.
THE BIOLOGY OF ACNE
Some believe that small amounts of the sun exposure may initially improve acne. A healthy and well-rested body builds a strong immune system. It may not prevent acne all at once but it will fight infection so that your lesions can clear up more quickly. The truth is consistent sun bathing will dry your skin and will cause your skin to manufacture more oil. A clinical professor of dermatology once said, “Ninety percent of my patients complain about what stress does to their skin. How? The connection is chemically done.
SOME COMMON MEDICATIONS
The latter are more likely to have pore-clogging ingredients. Instead, go buy cosmetics labelled as “fragrance-free” or “hypo-allergenic” for safety purposes. Products labelled as “unscented” may not be free from these aggravating smells. They contain petroleum, wax and other comedogenic substances. When it comes to your mouth area, consider the best lip lubricant for you. Look for the safety labels mentioned above. On that way, you would not only care only for your skin but for the totality of your body as well. But it can help to agitate it. Lastly, learn what makes you acquire acne.
Learn about this TOP SECRET ACNE TREATMENT!
HOW ABOUT POPPING?
If it doesn’t come out, never force it. With the needle, moderately stab the exterior of the pimple. Most of these cases are considered by the dermatologists as an emergency, so they would be willing to attend you.
This was believed by the early minds of the 17th century. Myth:
Acne and diet are close relatives. It’s just “limit your sun exposure”. Reality:
Some people in indigenous societies do not have acne, even in their whole population a real contradiction to the enviable acne all over today’s generation.
HOW TO FACE THE PROBLEM IF YOUR FACE IS THE PROBLEM
Dents caused by the acne shame may still exist within your heart, but through this program, the dents you have would be repaired as you go back to the society’s circulation, making new friends and acquaintances. It would make you save thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars. It would keep your skin clean and healthy free from that sticky and oily feeling. Yes, your acne will be cured. Why waste such amount when you can have eat treated in a natural way? which means it’s safer for your skin and health and pocket
It would produce visible and wonderful changes in your skin within a matter of a few days. Never, ever let a skin inflammation ruin this sojourn.