Pimples or acne are tiny skin lesions or inflammations of the skin. They are commonly caused by clogged or infected pores. They may appear as deeper lumps (cysts or nodules) on the face, neck, chest, back and sometimes shoulders.
Severe acne can affect many facets of a person’s life, causing a great deal of embarrassment and stress. Some severe forms of acne like acne cysts may rupture and cause scars that can result in psychological effects on the sufferer. Having skin full of pimples and zits may significantly limit one’s social life. Although acne is not considered to be a life threatening disorder, the psychological impact of acne can be quite profound as it affects the most visible parts of your body.
If your acne condition is severe it can cause disfiguring and require years of treatment. In such cases seeking the help of a qualified dermatologist will be your best option.
Causes of acne
The cause of pimples is unknown. The process by which a pimple develops is highly intricate. While we do know that a pore collapses on itself and blocks sebum (oil) from escaping, we do not fully understand why this process takes place in one sebaceous gland versus another.
But the causes of adult acne and teen acne may include the following:
- Evolutionary biology
- Vitamin deficiency
Possible measures you can take to prevent pimples are:
- Relax regularly for a certain period of time. Your body restores and refreshes skin cells while you are relaxing. Teenagers are notorious for not getting rest but it is essential in helping to prevent pimples.
- Do not squeeze or pick at pimples because this has the risk of producing a more severe infection.
- After you exercise take a shower so that the sweat does not contribute to clogging your pores and producing another pimple outbreak.
- Wear clean white t-shirts to help keep pimple off your back. The white t-shirts tend to absorb the excess oils in your skin and will help to prevent pimple on your back at least.
- Before going to bed, clean off any makeup. Again, the key here is to keep your pores clear of oil and bacteria and help prevent pimple outbreaks. After washing, you can use a cleaning solution on your skin containing what is known as Salicylic Acid.
There are so many false beliefs about the causes of acne. I wish to set the record straight and expose some of the lies and myths.
How much greasy pizza you eat, or your weakness for chocolate, has nothing to do with you getting acne. As well, soda pop does not give you acne either. Over all, what you eat does play a determining factor in your overall body’s health, but a minor part in whether or not you develop acne.
For example, excessive oily skin from the sebaceous glands that does contribute to acne is not caused by eating greasy hamburgers. Nor does greasy hamburgers increase the oil production of your sebaceous glands. The only known food to substantially effect the production of oil for your skin is salt, and even this does not cause acne, but simply worsens it.
Hygiene is related to diet simply because people who are lousy eaters tend to be lousy with their hygiene habits as well. As with diet, personal hygiene has a minor influence on the development of acne.
What can cause acne is when your hygiene habits close the pores. However, this too is minimal. How regularly you wash your face has little to do whether or not your pores become plogged. What causes the likelihood of acne is when a pore gets plugged and bacteria is trapped inside. Your body reacts by sending white blood cells to fight off the bacteria. Inflammation and pus results.
Hygiene and good skin care is particularly important after acne occurs. Cleansing the skin with a mild soap and warm water, twice a day, is recommended. Scrubbing your skin, and using harsh soaps, can weaken the skins ability to fight acne.
It is a fact that stress weakens the immune system. However, there is no scientific correlation that stress causes acne. Stress can play a very minor role once acne has developed, but as a possible cause is unsubstantiated.
A surefire way to worsen your acne is to increase the dosage of over-the-counter medications. Follow the directions. Increased dosages can actually harm the skin. If after two weeks using over-the-counter medications and your acne is not cleared up, seek the advice of a dermatologist.
An Extremely small amount of individuals have DNA that gives them completely perfect skin. Odds are that even the most desirable skin was washed into precision. Unrelenting acne hampers millions of folks every year, adults and youth alike. It can create lasting scars and low self-worth if left untouched.
A widespread epidemic amongst young people and early twenties is Acne caused by blockages in pores. Why a number of people get acne and others don’t is still being studied. On the other hand, there are more than a few factors that are recognized to be as a minimum partly to blame for causes of acne. So here we will discuss “how to get rid of acne- acne inc”.
Acne is not created by dirt as is frequently thought. Although blackheads appear to be dirt wedged in the pores, the shade is not from dirt but oxidized keratin. Actually, the blockages of keratin that create acne happen deep inside the tiny pore channels, where they can’t be washed away.
Of every skin infection acne is the most frequent. Almost 90% of individuals amid the ages of 12 and 25 are struck by acne. Practically 55% of adults experience acne outbreaks at some period in their life. But, the other 45% are not secure from the age old query. How then do you dispose of zits?
Here are some healthy vital tips that you can use to control acne.
* Don’t pick or press your pimples. Doing this causes the bacteria and dirt to irritate the skin and encourages inflammation which in turn can boost the chance of scarring.
* Clean your face once or twice daily. However, take it easy with the soap as it merely gets rid of the surface oil only and not the pores that are clogged. Utilize an oil free pure facial wash containing salicylic acid to take care of this.
* Don’t apply harsh cleaners with granules such as exfoliating soaps.
* Having a facial does more damage than good. Use water based make-up whenever possible.
* Try not to touch your face. Fingers are extremely oily and loaded with bacteria.
* Use herbal supplements to battle the acne bacteria from within where it develops. Dandelion root and aloe vera are herbs available which restore cells and can help decrease inflammation.
* Stay away from products that have benzyl peroxide. This component is very strong and lowers skin moisture and creates skin irritation and severe redness.
* Apply a water based product using salicylic acid (2%) and SD alcohol 40 (1%). These medicines are utilized as skin treatments to cure acne, get rid of warts and to treat psoriasis and other skin circumstances. Dermatologists suggest 2% of salicylic acid as the ideal amount to care for acne.
Know you have a good start after reviewing “how to get rid of acne acne-inc. If you get pimples, we suggest you to treat your acne early on. The faster you do it, the better-off you will be. This will also assist in preventing any scars that could become visible in the future.